Walking home from school today, Big B did NOT feel well. When I glanced up, I saw that Little L was holding Big B's hand...
Little L sang him songs all the way home and even carried his backpack some of the way. ( I went and got it to carry. I mean Little L was already doing SO much...)
Pretty sweet right? It's these moments that I think of when they are screaming at each other and trying to tear each other to pieces. I just think back to days like today and comfort myself with this picture. They really do love each other.
I got this in an email today. I just HAD to share. (Please forgive the obscenity...)
"Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit."
The lovely and talented Abigail Craft is hosting a Blog Party! To learn more click here.
1. What's your favorite time of the day, and why? Well, I've never before been a morning person, but for the last 4 or 5 months, I've become one! I LOVE the early morning, watching the sun come up and turn the mountains a soft, hazy pink. It makes me want to reach out, pluck it and eat it, like cotton candy!
2. If health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of? What? You mean that I can't live off of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream now!?? Great! I have a lot to think about...
3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be? I wish that I could wake up skinny (like I was before I had kids) and not HAVE to eat right and exercise to stay that way!
4. What is one thing that you get teased about a lot? Talking. Some people think that I talk to much... I mean I have SO MUCH to share. I have so many wonderful ideas that I think people should hear. If I didn't talk, then who would be the life of the party!? W H A T E V E R!
5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be? Anne of Green Gables. I LOVE that movie. The scenery is gorgeous, the time period is my favorite, I love the way they talk, they way they dress, and they way the interact with each other. I would be Anne (with an "e")... Of Course!
6. If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be? Patience. I consider that a talent and I DEFINITELY don't have it!!
7. If money were no object, where would you go on vacation? Absolutely, no question, Greece. I want to LIVE there. Or maybe the South of France. I want to LIVE there too =)
8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing? Country music, definitely.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be? Probably Amazon.com. I LOVE books and can't get enough. I'm wondering... would $10,000 buy me enough books??
10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be? The Victorian era. I love the idea of living without electricity, candle light everywhere. I love the idea of horse and carriage for transportation, either that or walking. It's so romantic.
11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be? Probably brown. It doesn't show dirt and I look nice in it =)
12. If you were one of the 7 dwarves, which one would you be? If you asked my kids, they would say Grumpy... But I think I would be Sleepy...
13. What was the last album you listened to? Sugarland
14. What's something we'd be surprised to know about you? I am addicted to dog collars and leashes. I shop for them all the time (BUT I don't buy them and that is KEY!) And I do have two dogs, so it's not totally weird or anything =)
Whew! So that's me! In all my beautiful glory =) Thanks Abigail! That was FUN!
Exercise... for the last... oh.... 9 years that has been a BAD word in my house.
BUT, I've recently learned how wonderful exercise can be! I'm not talking about aerobics, weight lifting, riding a stationary bike, ect.
I'm talking about getting out and moving your body, smelling the fresh air, looking at the trees, the animals, the clouds, the blue sky, the river. Moving in a loose, relaxed way. Relaxing your hips, your shoulders, your arms and just moving through the world.
It's so amazing!
THEN, get your kids out there! My Boys complain and complain almost the whole time we are walking, but they also laugh, and find "walking" sticks, and dig in the dirt and play at the playground that we walk to after school. I think deep, deep down, they LOVE it. At least that's what I tell myself =)
When they ask me why I make them walk everyday. I answer them that school doesn't allow for enough exercise and I want my boys to be happy, healthy kids. With the nation struggling with obesity especially in our children I think a nice brisk walk every day is a GREAT habit to get our kids into.
We have a new Dog Whisperer in our family. My cousin has a 2 year old daughter, Little M. She is adorable!!! (Of course, how could she be any different, after all she IS related to ME!)
Okay, so she doesn't look A THING like me. But look at those EYES!!
She and Gentry enjoyed some cuddle time on the bean bag while they watched Shrek 3. I swear I LOVE this dog!! (and the baby too of course!)
Little M LOVED Angus's dog food bowl. She very carefully carried it all over the house (the dogs were hunting down dog food pieces all evening yesterday! lol) and then she would put it down and take a piece out, feed it to Angus then reach in for another piece, feed it to Angus, and on and on. I don't think Angus has EVER eaten so much at one sitting!
There is NO question as to who the "Pack Leader" is in these pictures!
And I know it looks like Angus is very intently watching the food, but actually he is focused on the blue ball that Little M is almost sitting on =) He is ever hopeful that SOMEONE will throw it for him. Of course Little M obliged him all afternoon. Along with hand feeding him...
Monday was Hubby's birthday, but we celebrated it on Sunday. Not a big party, just us, a Mud Pie and a home made card =) Yum!
Thinking up a wish...
And blowing out the candles!
Last year I made Hubby a notebook. Every year I write him a birthday letter in that notebook. It's wonderful gift and didn't cost me much! I used a composition notebook and covered it with neat paper to make it more "Him". It's a great memory book! Onto the letter...
Shooting? Us? Yep, we went shooting this weekend. Talk about weird! This is what we will be doing as a family on the weekends. Hubby needs to practice handling his hand gun and it's a good time to do a little hiking. I just have to be aware of where Hubby is =)
Gentry handled the shooting great! He jumped around a little after the first one or two shots, but after that he didn't even bat an eye. Angus was another story, but was tucked away safely in my jacket. All warm and safe.
Anyway, it was a fun afternoon! Onto the pictures...
Gentry posing so nicely!
Gentry being silly! Angus keeping up nicely.
The Boys climbing up an icy, slippery hill. I did not climb this. Instead I walked up the perfectly nice, snowy road and found the state land we were looking for.
The boys coming down the hill towards me. Hubby went back for the truck.
I love this shot.
Little L climbing a tree.
Big B made a snow elephant =)
And Hubby shooting!
Kneeling and shooting. I think they start shooting in school this week. They have to do all sorts of things like, shoot kneeling, from the hip, one handed, shoot with their weak hand, load the gun one handed, ect. So he was practicing some of these things.
I am editing a new book written by my Aunt Sara about using Essential Oils on animals. It lists different health issues and then gives solutions using Essential Oils and other natural remedies. It's going to be great! Keep your eyes peeled! It's coming soon...