Saturday, September 20, 2008

Farm Clean Up Day...

Sigh. It was a big day here on the farm. Fall clean up can be a back breaker! We, as a family unit, went down by the creek and cut down dead trees and bushes, piled them high for a lovely bonfire later in the fall. And brush hogged, with a very dull brush hog, the tall grass and weeds that have taken over down there!

It's important for the farm to look good as my Mom is having an Open House at her Clay and Glass Studio in October. I plan on having some of my greeting cards, hand knitted scarves and doggy sweaters and face scrubbies and wash clothes there as well. It's going to be a big day!



This is my Andalusian colt, Destino. He didn't like the Brush Hog that my hubby was using beside his pen. I got some great neck shots!

I spent some time, before the rain hit, taking some new pictures of the gorgeous flowers that my Mom has in her garden. WOW... They are so bright and beautiful at this time of year. I am using these photos and other 'Around the Farm' shots for greeting cards that I offer for sale. If you are interested, please email me at ladybugfarm4@hotmail.com.




This one is so bright! I can't believe it's a real flower...

Bees bees everywhere! I'm so glad that we don't spray for weeds around our farm. We've enjoyed all the bees this year, especially the honey bees. Like the one below!





This flower looks like a star fish! It's so fine that it's practically translucent...



And the best for last! My favorite flower is the daisy. I love the simplicity of them.

No comments: