Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just stuff...

It's hard to have a Blog! To come up with something every day takes quite a lot. Sometimes there just isn't anything to talk about! Or nothing I think would interest you guys. Then I thought, maybe just plain old farm talk would be interesting. Take for instance my day!

I get up in the morning, but not too early. I do live on a farm, but that doesn't mean I have to be an early riser! I go out and feed all the animals.

I let the miniature horses out to graze.

I snuggle up my Nanny goat and my Lamancha. They both like lots of extra attention.

Then I let out my girlfriends (the chickies), and go gather up all my eggs. All the while the girlies are clucking and talking away. They usually have lots of things to tell me in the morning. I hear all about their night, how they slept, what they dreamed about. They brag about who laid what egg, ect, ect...

Then I feed the Angora goats. They really don't like me and race around their pen like crazy goats while I put the feed in their pans. I try to talk with them, but they stand in the corner glaring at me and I'm sure calling me all the names they can think of! Poor little boys...

Then I feed my Andalusian. He is very impatient when it comes to feed time, but has learned to stand quietly once I get over to his side of the farm. He has to face me with nice ears, then I'll toss him his hay. He is quite a boy! I really enjoy having him around and hope that I'll be able to keep him.

With the economy crashing, and my hubby having a hard time finding work, we are looking at selling the farm and moving. Of course, since I am a farm girl, we MUST find another farm to look after. We are thinking that we will look over Idaho way. It's so sad because this is a family farm involving all the family. My Mom lives here as do my Grandparents, but sometimes things happen that we have very little control over.



This is just one end of the farm. The house, barnyard, and round pen are all up here... then there is a hay field that is about 7 acres. We own 9.68 acres total, in the beautiful Bitterroot Valley Montana. It really is a gorgeous place to live, you just have to able to afford it!



It will be a sad day when we have to move. We built this house from the ground up. We put up all the fences and Craig and his dad built the two big storage sheds we have here. Sigh... But it's time to move on to a new chapter in the novel of our lives! I'm sure when we get going it will get exciting...

No comments: