Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President


Yesterday I asked the boys, "What do you think it means to be President?"

Logan answered, "To keep us safe."
That is a great answer! He really put some thought into it. His Kindergarten teacher is a daughter of a Marine, so she talks a lot about the President and what it means to be free. The kids all know the song "God Bless America" and can sing it! Logan does all the time, especially when he is sitting on the toilet =)

Ben answered, "To give us money."
Thanks President Bush...

and

"To make us pay taxes."
Unfortunately yes...

and my favorite,

"Why does he always have all those papers on his desk?"
Yes, why does he!?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love to hear how little ones minds work!

Saw you on SITs and thought I would say Hi!

Nursing Class of December 2011 said...

That is so cute! Kids' minds are really amazing. They always come up with things that an adult rarely would. Thanks for sharing! Lucy!

TinaBug said...

Kids really do say the darndest things, don't they? Why is it the little ones feel the urge to sing while sitting on the toilet? My 5 year old does the same thing. I often wonder, does she do that at school? ha ha Thanks for sharing the great minds of your children. Stopping by through SITS.

Tara Bennett said...

So funny! Oh to see the world through the eyes of a child. Yesterday my 6-year-old nephew said, "I hope Barack Obama (only he couldn't pronounce it like that to save his life) doesn't become president because I'm afraid he will kill Chloe. If he wins, we'll have to hide her in the basement!"
I then had to explain the difference between seeking out and killing babies and abortion. He didn't see the difference. Maybe that's some good insight, actually.