Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sometimes I sit...

Sometimes I sit and watch my chickens. Whenever I do this I am so relieved that they are the size they are. They relentlessly go after the grasshoppers (cheer the chickens!) and all the other little bugs. They tip their heads and look with their golden eyes. When they spot one, tiny and hard for me to see, they pounce. And man can a chicken fun fast when she is after her next meal!

If chickens were as big as dinosaurs, we would be in serious trouble. Chickens don't chew their food you know. They don't have any teeth. Instead they grab the bug, tip their head back and swallow. Imagine if this was you. Instead of a grasshopper, the giant chicken grabbed you, tipped her head back and Swallow! Down you go! They are so serious about their job that I feel certain, if they were giants, they would peck right through the roof of a house, to get to the meal inside!!

Thank God chickens are small...




No comments: